Two of the most popular brands in the garage door business are Genie and LiftMaster. The garage door openers provided by each company offer high-quality, reliable, and easy-to-use remote controls. We are proud to offer both brands of garage door openers to our clients. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to program Genie and LiftMaster garage door remote controls.
How To Program Standard LiftMaster Garage Door Remote Control?
A single LiftMaster garage door remote may be programmed, so it activates multiple devices. For example, in addition to the garage door opener, it can control commercial door openers, gate operators, even external wired receivers. Follow these steps to program your standard LiftMaster remote control.
- Find the ‘Learn’ button on the controller; this may require removing the light lens and located on the antenna side. Depending on your model, the button may be yellow, red, orange, green, or purple with a small LED beside the button.
- Press, then release the button.
- Press, then hold the button you want to program for 3 seconds and release. This must be done within 30 seconds of pushing the ‘Learn’ button.
- If done correctly, the LED light on the remote or the garage door operator will blink, indicating it was successfully programmed.
How To Program A LiftMaster Max Garage Door Remote Control?
The LiftMaster Max garage door remotes will work with any 390MHz or 315MHz LiftMaster model after January 1993. This includes all Chamberlain, LiftMaster, and Sears Craftsman garage door openers with a red, orange, green, yellow, or purple “Learn” button. The antenna wire will be yellow. To program the different LiftMaster Max models, follow these steps:
- Find the “Program” button.
877MAX Keyless Entry Keypad: Simultaneously press the # and * until the light stops blinking.
893MAX remotes will have a “Program” button located on the device’s reverse under a visor clip. Simply press this button.
895MAX and 890MAX models also have a “Program” button but require a paper clip or small tool to press. Hold it until the LED comes on and it’s ready to program.
Note: You will have to program a single button at a time during programming mode.
- Select the device you want to program, and push the button.
- Once the LED blinking stops, press and release the button slowly until the LED light begins flashing.
Once the light flashes, do not push it again as the remote will change to a different setting and no longer be operable without starting completely over and repeating all the steps.
- After the light flashes, press any of the other buttons. Repeat these steps to program each button on the remote.
How To Program A Genie Garage Door Remote Control?
The remote control that comes with purchasing the Genie ReliaG ProSeries 2028 is pre-programmed for you. However, if you purchased additional remotes for the garage door opener or need to re-program it, follow these steps:
- Remove the protective film in the battery case (new remotes only)
- Find the program button and hold it for two seconds. The LED lights up blue, release, and a flashing purple LED appears.
- Press and release the button two times, and the garage door opener will begin flashing to indicate the successful programming.
Note: There is a 30 second limit for completing all three steps. If the steps are not completed within this time frame, you will have to start over. Once programmed, the remote is ready for opening and closing your garage door.
Installing and Servicing Garage Doors In Columbus, Ohio
If you are unable to program your garage door opener and remote control, or it stopped functioning correctly, contact us. We will send out a professional garage door technician to solve the issue quickly and efficiently. We service all-size jobs from small to large all across Columbus, Ohio.