The cost to replace a garage door opener can vary depending on the type of opener you choose and the cost of labor.
A basic chain-driven opener can cost anywhere from $100 to $200, while a belt-driven opener can cost $200 to $350. A more advanced opener with added features such as smart home integration and WiFi connectivity can cost $300 to $500 or more.
In addition to the cost of the opener itself, you should also factor in the cost of labor. Installation of a new opener typically ranges from $75 to $150.
It’s worth noting that if you have a two-car garage, it will cost more than a single-car garage, as it may require additional hardware and labor.
It’s also important to consider any additional costs that may be associated with a new opener, such as the cost of a new remote or keypad, as well as the cost of disposing of the old opener.
It’s always a good idea to get several quotes from different companies to compare the prices and services they offer, in order to find the best deal.
What Types Of Garage Door Openers Are Available?
There are several different types of garage door openers available, each with its own set of features and benefits. The most common types include:
- Chain-driven openers: These openers use a chain to lift and lower the garage door. They are known for their durability and reliability but can be louder than other types of openers.
- Belt-driven openers: These openers use a belt to lift and lower the garage door. They are known for being quieter than chain-driven openers and are a good option for those with living spaces above or next to the garage.
- Screw-driven openers: These openers use a steel rod to lift and lower the garage door. They are known for their durability and reliability but can be louder than other types of openers.
- Direct-drive openers: These openers use a motor to lift and lower the garage door. They are known for their quiet operation and efficiency but can be more expensive than other types of openers.
- Wall-mount openers: These openers are mounted on the wall next to the garage door, rather than being mounted on the ceiling. They are known for their space-saving design and quiet operation.
- Smart Garage Door Openers: These openers allow you to control and monitor your garage door with your smartphone or another smart device. They can also be integrated with other smart home devices like Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
When choosing a garage door opener, it’s important to consider the size and weight of your garage door, as well as your budget and specific needs. Consulting with a professional can help you decide on the best option for your specific needs and budget.